Universal Electronics has announced it’s releasing a new remote control designed specifically for Apple TV that works with the needs of cable, satellite, IPTV and other Multichannel Video Program Distributors (MVPDs) in mind. The remote will be available starting next year and will offer controls tailored to a live TV experience, complete with channel buttons.
“We’re excited that customers worldwide will soon be able to enjoy this new remote, designed specifically for the growing number of MVPDs offering Apple TV 4K to their subscribers,” said Paul Arling, CEO, Universal Electronics Inc. “This remote offers convenient features to quickly access the EPG or channel surf live programming available through the MVPD’s app on Apple TV 4K.”
This is pretty big news since many Apple TV users have had substantial complaints about the current remote.
Here are some highlight features:
- Advanced Search & Control: Customers can ask Siri to find and access content across live TV and streaming apps*
- Enhanced Controls for Live TV: Dedicated program guide and channel keys provide easy and instant access to key live TV viewing functions
- Whole Entertainment System Control: Modeless support and universal control of Apple TV, as well as televisions and audio devices from any brand or manufacturer
- Reliable and Secure Communication: Integrated design with UE878, UEI’s reliable and highly integrated BLE chipset optimized for voice control, and Apple’s MFi authentication chip for secure connectivity with Apple TV
- Premium Fit and Feel: Elegant and ergonomic form factor with hard-capped keys on metal domes for enhanced tactile feedback
- Automated Backlit Keys: Accelerometer and ambient light sensor to automatically backlight keys in low light environments when the remote is picked up or moved
- MVPD Branding: Service providers can add their own company brand on the remote
MVPDs can preorder the remote starting in December.
The post Universal Electronics is Launching an Apple TV Remote Control appeared first on Cord Cutters News.