The Roku Channel is bringing more content to its free streaming lineup in August, including 37 more movie titles and 3 more TV shows. Highlights include some of your favorite Batman actors and villains, a panda doing martial arts, and John Travolta and Nicolas Cage going head to head (or, you know, face to face.)
Here’s everything coming to The Roku Channel in August.
- Agent Cody Banks – A government agent trains Cody Banks in the ways of covert operations that require younger participants.
- Alien – After a space merchant vessel receives an unknown transmission as a distress call, one of the crew is attacked by a mysterious life form and they soon realize that its life cycle has merely begun.
- Aliens – Fifty-seven years after surviving an apocalyptic attack aboard her space vessel by merciless space creatures, Officer Ripley awakens from hyper-sleep and tries to warn anyone who will listen about the predators.
- Batman – The Dark Knight of Gotham City begins his war on crime with his first major enemy being Jack Napier, a criminal who becomes the clownishly homicidal Joker.
- Batman & Robin – Batman and Robin try to keep their relationship together even as they must stop Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy from freezing Gotham City.
- Batman Forever – Batman must battle former district attorney Harvey Dent, who is now Two-Face and Edward Nygma, The Riddler with help from an amorous psychologist and a young circus acrobat who becomes his sidekick, Robin.
- Batman Returns – While Batman deals with a deformed man calling himself the Penguin wreaking havoc across Gotham with the help of a cruel businessman, a female employee of the latter becomes the Catwoman with her own vendetta.
- Django Unchained – With the help of a German bounty-hunter, a freed slave sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal plantation-owner in Mississippi.
- Master And Commander: The Far Side of the World – During the Napoleonic Wars, a brash British captain pushes his ship and crew to their limits in pursuit of a formidable French war vessel around South America.
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves – When Robin and his Moorish companion come to England and the tyranny of the Sheriff of Nottingham, he decides to fight back as an outlaw
- American Hustle – A con man, Irving Rosenfeld, along with his seductive partner Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for a wild F.B.I. Agent, Richie DiMaso, who pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and the Mafia.
- Kung Fu Panda – The Dragon Warrior has to clash against the savage Tai Lung as China’s fate hangs in the balance. However, the Dragon Warrior mantle is supposedly mistaken to be bestowed upon an obese panda who is a novice in martial arts.
- Kung Fu Panda 2 – Po and his friends fight to stop a peacock villain from conquering China with a deadly new weapon, but first the Dragon Warrior must come to terms with his past.
- Little Miss Sunshine – A family determined to get their young daughter into the finals of a beauty pageant take a cross-country trip in their VW bus.
- My Cousin Vinny – Two New Yorkers accused of murder in rural Alabama while on their way back to college call in the help of one of their cousins, a loudmouth lawyer with no trial experience.
- Raising Arizona – When a childless couple of an ex-con and an ex-cop decide to help themselves to one of another family’s quintuplets, their lives become more complicated than they anticipated.
- Teen Wolf (1985) – An ordinary high school student discovers that his family has an unusual pedigree when he finds himself turning into a werewolf.
- Appaloosa – Two friends hired to police a small town that is suffering under the rule of a rancher find their job complicated by the arrival of a young widow.
- Concussion (2015) – In Pittsburgh, accomplished pathologist Dr. Bennet Omalu uncovers the truth about brain damage in football players who suffer repeated concussions in the course of normal play.
- Dead Poets Society – Maverick teacher John Keating uses poetry to embolden his boarding school students to new heights of self-expression.
- The Monuments Men – An unlikely World War II platoon is tasked to rescue art masterpieces from Nazi thieves and return them to their owners.
- Road to Perdition – A mob enforcer’s son witnesses a murder, forcing him and his father to take to the road, and his father down a path of redemption and revenge.
- The Secret Life of Bees – In 1964, a teenage girl in search of the truth about her mother runs away to a small town in South Carolina and finds a family of independent women who can connect her to her past.
- Silver Linings Playbook – After a stint in a mental institution, former teacher Pat Solitano moves back in with his parents and tries to reconcile with his ex-wife. Things get more challenging when Pat meets Tiffany, a mysterious girl with problems of her own.
- Spotlight – The true story of how the Boston Globe uncovered the massive scandal of child molestation and cover-up within the local Catholic Archdiocese, shaking the entire Catholic Church to its core.
- We Are Marshall – When a plane crash claims the lives of members of the Marshall University football team and some of its fans, the team’s new coach and his surviving players try to keep the football program alive.
- The Wrestler – A faded professional wrestler must retire, but finds his quest for a new life outside the ring a dispiriting struggle.
- 500 Days of Summer – An offbeat romantic comedy about a woman who doesn’t believe true love exists, and the young man who falls for her.
- Coyote Ugly – Aspiring songwriter Violet Sanford, after getting a job at a women-run NYC bar that teases its male patrons, comes out of her shell.
- Julie & Julia – Julia Child’s story of her start in the cooking profession is intertwined with blogger Julie Powell’s 2002 challenge to cook all the recipes in Child’s first book.
- Something’s Gotta Give (2003) – A swinger on the cusp of being a senior citizen with a taste for young women falls in love with an accomplished woman closer to his age.
- Don’t Tell a Soul – Two thieving teenage brothers, stealing money to help their sick mom, match wits with a troubled security guard stuck at the bottom of a forgotten well.
- Face/Off – To foil a terrorist plot, an FBI agent undergoes facial transplant surgery to assume the identity of the criminal mastermind who murdered his only son, but the criminal wakes up prematurely and seeks revenge.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) – Journalist Mikael Blomkvist is aided in his search for a woman who has been missing for forty years by Lisbeth Salander, a young computer hacker.
- The Silence of the Lambs – A young F.B.I. cadet must receive the help of an incarcerated and manipulative cannibal killer to help catch another serial killer, a madman who skins his victims.
- The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009) – Armed men hijack a New York City subway train, holding the passengers hostage in return for a ransom, and turning an ordinary day’s work for dispatcher Walter Garber into a face-off with the mastermind behind the crime.
- The Talented Mr. Ripley – In late 1950s New York, Tom Ripley, a young underachiever, is sent to Italy to retrieve Dickie Greenleaf, a rich and spoiled millionaire playboy. But when the errand fails, Ripley takes extreme measures.
- Hell on Wheels – The Civil War is past, but former Confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon can’t put it behind him. Fresh are the memories of the death of his wife, killed at the hands of the Union soldiers, an act that sets him on a course of revenge.
- Haven – Many in the coastal town of Haven, Maine have a dormant curse or “trouble” that could trigger at any time for any reason. FBI agent Audrey Parker, the sheriff and the town’s black sheep must deal with the troubles’ deadly effects.
- Bitten – Elena navigates her life between the human world and the werewolf world as the only female of the species.
The post The Roku Channel is Adding 37 New Movies and 3 New TV Shows to Its Free Streaming Lineup appeared first on Cord Cutters News.