The Roku Channel is expanding its free streaming lineup with 30 new movies and 3 new shows added this month. Highlights for July include Tom Hanks being isolated on an island in Castaway, an epic historical battle in 300, and some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles content to round it out.
Here’s what’s new on The Roku Channel in July.
- 300 – King Leonidas of Sparta and a force of 300 men fight the Persians at Thermopylae in 480 B.C.
- Aeon Flux – Aeon Flux is a mysterious assassin working for the Monicans, a group of rebels trying to overthrow the government. When she is sent on a mission to kill the Chairman, a whole new mystery is found.
- Echo Boomers – Based on a true story, five college graduates decide the best way to get back at the unfair economy and live the life they’ve always wanted is to steal from Chicago’s richest and give to themselves.
- I Am Number Four – Aliens and their Guardians are hiding on Earth from intergalactic bounty hunters. They can only be killed in numerical order, and Number Four is next on the list. This is his story.
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle Of Life – Adventurer Lara Croft goes on a quest to save the mythical Pandora’s Box, before an evil scientist finds it, and recruits a former Marine turned mercenary to assist her.
- Sucker Punch – A young girl institutionalized by her abusive stepfather retreats to an alternative reality as a coping strategy and envisions a plan to help her escape.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) – Four teenage mutant ninja turtles emerge from the shadows to protect New York City from a gang of criminal ninjas.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (1991) – The Turtles and the Shredder battle once again, this time for the last canister of the ooze that created the Turtles, with which Shredder wants to unleash an army of new mutants.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines – A machine from a post-apocalyptic future travels back in time to protect a man and a woman from an advanced robotic assassin to ensure they both survive a nuclear attack.
- Terminator Salvation – In 2018, a mysterious new weapon in the war against the machines, half-human and half-machine, comes to John Connor on the eve of a resistance attack on Skynet. But whose side is he on, and can he be trusted?
- TMNT (2007) – When the world is threatened by an ancient evil, the four adolescent turtles must reunite and overcome their faults in order to stand against it.
- The Addams Family – Con artists plan to fleece an eccentric family using an accomplice who claims to be their long-lost uncle.
- Focus – In the midst of veteran con man Nicky’s latest scheme, a woman from his past – now an accomplished femme fatale – shows up and throws his plans for a loop
- A Night At The Roxbury – Two dim-witted brothers dream of owning their own dance club or at least getting into the coolest and most exclusive club in town, The Roxbury.
- Shrek Forever After – Rumpelstiltskin tricks a mid-life crisis burdened Shrek into allowing himself to be erased from existence and cast in a dark alternate timeline where Rumpelstiltskin rules supreme.
- Cast Away – A FedEx executive undergoes a physical and emotional transformation after a crash landing on a deserted island.
- Fences – A working-class African-American father tries to raise his family in the 1950s, while coming to terms with the events of his life.
- Fight Club – An insomniac office worker and a devil-may-care soap maker form an underground fight club that evolves into much more.
- The Lincoln Lawyer – A lawyer defending a wealthy man begins to believe his client is guilty of more than just one crime.
- Pearl Harbor – A tale of war and romance mixed in with history. The story follows two lifelong friends and a beautiful nurse who are caught up in the horror of an infamous Sunday morning in 1941.
- Selma – A chronicle of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s campaign to secure equal voting rights via an epic march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama, in 1965.
- Warrior – The youngest son of an alcoholic former boxer returns home, where he’s trained by his father for competition in a mixed martial arts tournament – a path that puts the fighter on a collision course with his estranged, older brother.
- Failure To Launch – A thirty-something is still living with his parents until they hire an interventionist to help him graduate out of the house. That’s when the fun begins.
- Two Weeks Notice – A lawyer decides that she’s used too much like a nanny by her boss, so she walks out on him.
- Waiting To Exhale – Based on Terry McMillan’s novel, this film follows four very different African-American women and their relationships with the male gender.
- Water For Elephants – Set in the 1930s, a former veterinary student takes a job in a traveling circus and falls in love with the ringmaster’s wife.
- Escape Plan – When a structural-security authority finds himself set up and incarcerated in the world’s most secret and secure prison, he has to use his skills to escape with help from the inside.
- Outbreak – Army doctors struggle to find a cure for a deadly virus spreading throughout a California town that was brought to America by an African monkey.
- Stay Alive – For a group of teens, the answer to the mysterious death of their old friend lies within the world of an online video game based on the true story of an ancient noblewoman known as the Blood Countess.
- The Sum Of All Fears – CIA analyst Jack Ryan must stop the plans of a Neo-Nazi faction that threatens to induce a catastrophic conflict between the United States and Russia’s President by detonating a nuclear weapon at a football game in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Medium – Suburban mom Allison DuBois attempts to balance family life with solving mysteries using her special gift. The dead send her visions of their deaths or other crimes while she sleeps.
- Weeds – When a suburban mother turns to dealing marijuana in order to maintain her privileged lifestyle after her husband dies, she finds out just how addicted her entire neighborhood already is.
- Agua Donkeys – Two employees at a pool cleaning company called Agua Donkeys are chasing the perfect tan, the perfect vibe and the perfect mix of bromine and chlorine to service some of the “sickest” backyard pools in their Utah hometown.
The post The Roku Channel is Adding 30 New Movies and 3 More TV Shows to Its Free Lineup appeared first on Cord Cutters News.