The women of the UFC will headline this weekend’s UFC Fight Night: Vieira vs Tate. Both, Ketlen “Fenomeno” Vieira and Miesha “Cupcake” Tate are looking to rise up the ranks in the Bantamweight division for a possible title shot against champion Amanda Nunes.
Originally, scheduled to headline the October 16th Fight Night, the fight was rescheduled due to Tate’s bout with COVID. After signing with the UFC in 2013, Tate became one of the most legendary fighters in the history of MMA. She’s a former UFC and Strikeforce Women’s Bantamweight champion with a record of 19-7. She initially retired in 2016 but made her return to the Octagon back in July and defeated Marion Reneau. As the former coach of season 18’s The Ultimate Fighter, Tate is an experienced fighter, who’s won 11 of her 19 wins by TKO or submission. Now, she’s the 8th-ranked Women’s Bantamweight, with wins over Holly Holm, Jessica Eye, and Sara McMann in 6 of her last 8 fights. Plus, she was the previous bantamweight champion before Amanda Nunes.
Fighting out of Brazil, Vieira is the 7th-ranked Women’s Bantamweight in the UFC. At 11-2, the jiu-jitsu black belt won her first 10 fights before losing 2 of her last 3. She’s coming off a unanimous decision loss against Yana Kunitskaya at UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Lewis back in February. This will be her first UFC main event and if she’s victorious, this will be the biggest win in her young career.
Saturday’s event will feature 12 bouts with 6-ranked fighters across multiple divisions. The UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada will be home to all of the hard-hitting action inside of the Octagon. Cord cutters can find out how to watch UFC Fight Night, below.
Where to Watch
You can watch all of the fights at UFC Fight Night by subscribing to ESPN+ for only $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. Click here to sign up.
What’s the Schedule?
Prelims — Beginning at 3 p.m. ET
- Tucker Lutz (15-3) vs. Pat Sabatini (12-1) [Featherweight bout]
- Rafa Garcia (12-2) vs. Natan Levy (1-0) [Lightweight bout]
- Loma Lookboonmee (6-2) vs. Loopy Godinez (6-2) [Women’s Strawweight bout]
- Fares Ziam (12-3) vs. Terrance McKinney (11-3) [Lightweight bout]
- Cody Durden (11-3-1) vs. Aori Qileng (18-7) [Flyweight bout]
- Sean Soriano (14-7) vs. Shayilan Nuerdanbieke (19-6) [Featherweight bout]
- Luana Pinheiro (9-1) vs. Sam Hughes (5-3) [Women’s Strawweight bout]
Main Card — Beginning at 6 p.m. ET
- #7 Ketlen Vieira vs. #8 Miesha Tate [Women’s Bantamweight bout]
- #6 Michael Chiesa (18-5) vs. #14 Sean Brady (14-0) [Welterweight bout]
- Rani Yahya (27-10-1; 1NC) vs. Kyung Ho Kang (17-8; 1NC) [Bantamweight bout]
- #5 Joanne Wood (15-6) vs. #10 Taila Santos (18-1) [Women’s Flyweight bout]
- Davey Grant (13-5) vs. Adrian Yanez (14-3) [Men’s Bantamweight bout]
Catch all of the combat action live from the Octagon and more by subscribing to ESPN+ for only $6.99/mo. or $69.99/yr.
The post How to Watch UFC Fight Night: Vieira vs. Tate on November 20 appeared first on Cord Cutters News.