The biggest names in combat sports return this weekend, as UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Rodríguez will be home to 11 fights inside of the Octagon. The Flyweight division will headline the event when top-ranked Max “Blessed” Holloway takes on No. 3-ranked Yair “El Pantera” Rodriguez.
Originally scheduled for July, Holloway suffered an undisclosed injury, which delayed the fight. At 22-6, Holloway is a former Featherweight champion and has the record for longest-active win streak in the featherweight division at 14 wins. Since joining the UFC in 2012, he’s become one of the promotion’s most popular fighters and was named 2017 Fighter of the Year. “Blessed” has defeated big names over the course of his career, including Brian Ortega, Jose Aldo, Frankie Edgar, Charles Oliveira, and Anthony Pettis. Holloway’s last fight was a big win against Calvin Kattar at UFC on ABC 1 (the promotion’s first show on ABC) where he set the record for most strikes landed in a single fight with 447.
Conversely, Yair Rodriguez does not have as much experience inside of the Octagon but he’s becoming one of the featherweight division’s more dynamic strikers. He’s 13-2-1, with only 1 loss in the UFC, plus 7 of his 13 wins are by submission or knockout. After winning 2014’s The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America tournament, Rodriguez has been stacking up accolades, including the 2018 Knockout of the Year winner, 4-time Fight of the Night recipient, and 3-time Performance of the Night winner. This will be his first fight since defeating Jeremy Stephens in October 2019.
Big stakes are on the line, as the winner of the Holloway-Rodriguez will most likely be next for a title shot against Alexander Volkanovski. There are four other ranked fighters that will be dueling inside the Octagon at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada. Cord cutters can find out how to watch all of the fights at UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Rodríguez below.
When to Watch
Prelims start Saturday, November 13, at 1 p.m. ET with the main card beginning at 4 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
Where to Watch
You can watch all of the fights at UFC Fight Night by subscribing to ESPN+ for only $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. Click here to sign up.
What’s the Schedule?
Prelims — Beginning at 1 p.m. ET
- #15 Thiago Moisés (15-5) vs. Joel Álvarez (18-2) [Lightweight bout]
- #5 Cynthia Calvillo (9-3-1) vs. #12 Andrea Lee (12-5) [Women’s Flyweight bout]
- Sean Woodson (8-1) vs. Collin Anglin (8-2) [Featherweight bout]
- Cortney Casey (9-9) vs. Liana Jojua (8-4) [Women’s Flyweight bout]
- Marc Diakiese (14-4) vs. Rafael Alves(19-10) [Lightweight bout]
- Kennedy Nzechukwu (9-1) vs. Da Un Jung (14-2-1) [Light Heavyweight bout]
Main Card — Beginning at 4 p.m. ET
- #1 Max Holloway (22-6) vs. #3 Yair Rodríguez (13-2;1 NC) [Featherweight bout]
- Ben Rothwell(39-13) vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima (18-8-1) [Heavyweight bout]
- Felicia Spencer (8-3) vs. Leah Letson (5-2) [Women’s Featherweight bout]
- #15 Song Yadong (17-5-1; 1NC) vs. Julio Arce (17-4) [Bantamweight bout]
- Miguel Baeza (10-1) vs. Khaos Williams (12-2) [Welterweight bout]
Catch all of the combat action live from the Octagon and more by subscribing to ESPN+ for only $6.99/mo. or $69.99/yr.
The post How to Watch UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs Rodriguez on November 13 appeared first on Cord Cutters News.