The UFC Lightweight champion will be crowned at UFC 262. The title was vacated after former champion Khabib Nurmagomedov announced his retirement and vacated the belt after his 1077 day reign. Saturday’s main event bout will be between the most effective submission fighter in UFC history No. 3-ranked lightweight Charles Oliveira and former three-time Bellator lightweight champion No. 4-ranked lightweight Michael Chandler. Oliveria has won 14 of his 18 victories via submission and will be trying to prove that his arsenal is well-equipped with more than just submissions. Chandler has a chance to win a UFC championship in his second fight with the promotion and prove that outside fighters are just as good as the promotion’s talent.
UFC 262 is a stacked card with a total of 12 bouts, including the main card of 5 bouts between the top 15 fighters in their respective divisions. The co-main event is another lightweight matchup between No. 5-ranked Tony Ferguson and No. 9-ranked Beneil Dariush. The other three bouts on the main card include a Women’s Flyweight bout, Flyweight bout, and a Bantaumweight’s bout. There was a Middleweight bout between Jack Hermansson and Edmen Shahbazyan that was originally scheduled but was postponed until May 22 due to a positive COVID-19 case in Hermansson’s camp.
Saturday’s fights will take place at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. UFC President Dana White announced that the event sold out in minutes with 17,000 fans expected to be in attendance.
If you didn’t get your tickets to the event, don’t worry. Ccord cutters can find out how to watch every bout at UFC 262 below.
When to Watch UFC 262
Early prelims start Saturday, May 15, at 6:30 p.m. ET with the main card beginning at 10 p.m. ET.
Where to Watch UFC 262
You can watch the entire event on ESPN+ with the prelims also airing on ESPN. UFC Fight Pass subscribers can also watch the early prelims.
The main card is a pay-per-view event that existing ESPN+ subscribers can purchase for $69.99, and new subscribers can save 30% by purchasing UFC 262 and signing up to the ESPN+ Annual Plan for $89.98. Click here to sign up.
UFC 262 Schedule
Early Prelims — Beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Gina Mazany (7-4) vs. Priscila Cachoeira (9-3) [Women’s Flyweight bout]
- Kevin Aguilar (17-4) vs. Tucker Lutz (11-1) [Featherweight bout]
- Christos Giagos (17-8) vs. Sean Soriano (14-6) [Lightweight bout]
Prelims — Beginning at 8 p.m. ET
- Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (26-8; 1NC) vs. André Muniz (20-4) [Middleweight bout]
- Lando Vannata (11-5) vs. Mike Grundy (12-2) [Featherweight bout]
- #11 Andrea Lee (11-5) vs. #12 Antonina Shevchenko (8-2) [Women’s Flyweight bout]
- Jordan Wright (11-0; 1NC) vs. Jamie Pickett (11-4) [Middleweight bout]
Main Card— Beginning at 10 p.m. ET
- #3 Charles Oliveira (29-8; 1NC) vs. #4 Michael Chandler (22-5) [Lightweight title bout]
- #5 Tony Ferguson (26-4) vs. #9 Beneil Dariush (20-4-1) [Lightweight bout]
- #2 Katlyn Chookagian (14-4) vs. #7 Viviane Araújo (10-2) [Women’s Flyweight bout]
- #9 Shane Burgos (13-2) vs. #13 Edson Barboza (21-9) [Featherweight bout]
- #8 Matt Schnell (15-5) vs. #9 Rogério Bontorin (16-3; 1NC) [Bantamweight bout]
Catch all of the combat action live from the Octagon and save 30% by purchasing UFC 262 and signing up to the ESPN+ Annual Plan for $89.98. Now, it’s easier than ever to watch ESPN+ content on Hulu or via the Disney+ bundle if you’re billed through Hulu.