Peacock has released a preview of what’s coming to the platform in 2021. As previously announced, Peacock will be home to The Office beginning January 1, so you can start the year off right by re-watching everyone’s favorite comedy. Plus the continuation of the hit 1980s series Punky Brewster will premiere sometime in winter 2021.
Peacock has also announced its new series Dr. Death which is based on Wondery’s hit podcast by the same name. The podcast gained plenty of notoriety and success due to the twisted real-life story of Dr. Christopher Duntsch who left a wake of terror in his surgical path.
- The Office – Coming to Peacock January 1, 2021
- The Amber Ruffin Show – Streaming New Episodes Every Friday
- Synopsis: Each week THE AMBER RUFFIN SHOW showcases Amber’s signature smart and silly take on the week’s news. No matter what’s happening in the world, Amber will respond to it with a charming mix of seriousness, nonsense, and evening gowns. THE AMBER RUFFIN SHOW is a topical late-night show with just the good parts – the comedy.
- Credits: Amber Ruffin, Jenny Hagel, Seth Meyers and Mike Shoemaker serve as executive producers. The series is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, and Sethmaker Shoemeyers Productions.
- Punky Brewster – Premiering Winter 2021
- Synopsis: In this continuation of the iconic 80s sitcom about a bright young girl raised by a foster dad, Punky is now a single mother of three trying to get her life back on track when she meets Izzy, a young girl in the foster system who reminds Punky a lot of her younger self. The series stars Soleil Moon Frye, Freddie Prinze Jr., Lauren Lindsey Donzis, Quinn Copeland, Oliver De Los Santos, Noah Cottrell, and Cherie Johnson.
- Credits: From Universal Content Studios, a division of Universal Studio Group, PUNKY BREWSTER is written and executive produced by Steve and Jim Armogida (“School of Rock,” “Grounded For Life”). Frye serves as executive producer alongside original series creator David Duclon (“Punky Brewster,” “Family Matters,” “Silver Spoons”) and Emmy-winning producer Jimmy Fox (“The Arrangement,” “United Shades of America”) of Main Event Media, an All3Media America company.
- Rutherford Falls – Premiering Spring 2021
- Synopsis: Rutherford Falls, a small town in the Northeast, and the Native American reservation that borders it are turned upside down when local legend and town namesake, Nathan Rutherford (Ed Helms) fights the moving of a historical statue.
- Credits: The upcoming comedy RUTHERFORD FALLS from co-creators and executive producers Michael Schur, Ed Helms and Sierra Teller Ornelas has set its initial cast with Jana Schmieding, Michael Greyeyes, Jesse Leigh and Dustin Milligan. Mike Falbo, David Miner and Morgan Sackett also serve as executive producers. RUTHERFORD FALLS is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, in association with Fremulon, 3 Arts Entertainment and Pacific Electric Picture Company.
- Synopsis: When a one-hit-wonder girl group from the 90’s gets sampled by a young rapper, its members reunite to give their pop star dreams one more shot. They may be grown women balancing spouses, kids, jobs, debt, aging parents, and shoulder pain, but can‘t they also be Girls5eva? The series stars Sara Bareilles, Busy Philipps, Paula Pell and Renée Elise Goldsberry. Ashley Park is set for a recurring role.
- Credits: Meredith Scardino serves as writer and executive producer for the series. Tina Fey (Little Stranger, Inc.), Robert Carlock (Bevel Gears), Jeff Richmond, David Miner (3 Arts Entertainment), Eric Gurian (Little Stanger) will also serve as executive producers. Girls5eva is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group. Kat Coiro (“SHE-HULK,” “Marry Me”) is set to direct the pilot.
- Dr. Death
- Synopsis: Based on Wondery’s hit podcast, DR. DEATH is based on the terrifying true story of Dr. Christopher Duntsch (Joshua Jackson), a rising star in the Dallas medical community. Young, charismatic and ostensibly brilliant, Dr. Duntsch was building a flourishing neurosurgery practice when everything suddenly changed. Patients entered his operating room for complex but routine spinal surgeries and left permanently maimed or dead. As victims piled up, two fellow physicians, neurosurgeon Robert Henderson (Alec Baldwin) and vascular surgeon Randall Kirby (Christian Slater), set out to stop him. DR. DEATH explores the twisted mind of Dr. Duntsch and the failures of the system designed to protect the most defenseless among us.
- Credits: DR. DEATH is executive produced by Patrick Macmanus (“The Girl From Plainville”) via his Littleton Road Productions banner, under his overall deal with UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group. Macmanus also serves as showrunner. Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal, Steve Tisch and Taylor Latham executive produce via Escape Artists, as well as Hernan Lopez and Marshall Lewy of Wondery. The series is based on Wondery’s hit podcast “Dr. Death” which has over 50 million listeners to date.
- One of Us Is Lying
- Synopsis: Based on the bestselling novel of the same title by Karen M. McManus, ONE OF US IS LYING is the story of what happens when five high schoolers walk into detention and only four make it out alive. Everyone is a suspect, and everyone has something to hide.
- Credits: ONE OF US IS LYING is produced by UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group. Darío Madrona (co-creator of “Elite”) will serve as showrunner and executive producer. Erica Saleh (“Evil”) wrote the pilot and will executive produce. The series is also executive produced by John Sacchi and Matt Groesch of 5 More Minutes Productions who developed the pilot. Filmmaker and actress Jennifer Morrison directed and produced the pilot.
- Synopsis: After rotting in prison for over a decade, America’s ultimate hero and uber patriot MacGruber (Will Forte) is finally released. His mission: to take down a mysterious villain from his past—Brigadier Commander Enos Queeth. With the entire world in the crosshairs, MacGruber must race against time to defeat the forces of evil — only to find that evil… may be lurking within.
- Credits: Will Forte serves as writer and executive producer alongside John Solomon and Jorma Taccone who will also direct. Lorne Michaels, John Goldwyn, Andrew Singer and Erin David also serve as executive producers. MACGRUBER is from Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, and Broadway Video.
- Synopsis: Set in modern-day America, BEL-AIR is a serialized one-hour dramatic analogue of the 90’s sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” that leans into the original premise: Will’s complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air. With a reimagined vision, BEL-AIR will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases that were impossible to fully explore in a 30-minute sitcom format, while still delivering swagger and nods to the original show.
- Credits: BEL-AIR is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group and Westbrook Studios, a division of Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith’s media company Westbrook Inc. Chris Collins will serve as showrunner and executive producer and is co-writing the show with Morgan Cooper who wrote the film and will serve as co-executive producer. The series is also executive produced by Will Smith, Terence Carter, James Lassiter, Miguel Melendez, Quincy Jones, Benny Medina, and Andy & Susan Borowitz
The post Here’s Peacock’s 2021 Preview, Including ‘The Office,’ ‘Dr. Death,’ and More appeared first on Cord Cutters News.